Senior Trainer - Berry Street Education Model
- Training Schools in the Berry Street Education Model
- Use of company car & great salary packing benefits
- Fixed term (24 month) position
- Based in Richmond
We are seeking a dynamic educator with significant experience as a school leader, coach, or mentor to facilitate whole-school learning.
The Berry Street Childhood Institute (BSCI) has been established by Berry Street Victoria to respond on a national scale to the complex social issues that impact on children’s experience of childhood. We aim to do this by collaboratively building & sharing knowledge, encouraging public dialogue and mobilising leadership.
You will assist the BSCI to increase its capacity to support the national expansion of the Berry Street Education Model (BSEM) in schools across Victoria and Australia.
The Berry Street Education Model provides schools and community service organisations with the training, curriculum and strategies to engage the most challenging students. It is unique because it equips schools to promote cognitive and behavioural change, thereby engaging the young person in learning and progressing their academic achievement.
The Berry Street Education Model Senior Trainer will hold four key responsibilities:
- Delivery of BSEM training and professional learning within schools and community service organisations
- Consultation to school staff and school leadership
- Public speaking
- Other duties to support the BSEM training team (e.g. business development, research management, client management)
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum 5 years experience in school leadership (primary or secondary; having held the position of Lead Teacher or above)
- In depth knowledge in one or more of the following content areas:
- Trauma-informed teaching and learning strategies
- Wellbeing / Positive Education / Positive Psychology
- Instructional planning and delivery
- Pedagogical practice toward significant academic outcomes
- Embedding whole-school approaches
- Experience in designing and delivering professional learning sessions for school staff
Please refer to the position description for a complete list of the key selection criteria.
Queries to Tom Brunzell - Senior Advisor, Education on (03) 9429 9266.
Applications should include a cover letter, resume and responses to the attached application questions in a separate document.
These should be submitted by 5pm 19 July 2017.
To download the Position Description, please click here
To download the application questions, please click here
Berry Street are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children, including those with a disability and culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds. Berry Street are also committed to cultural safety, inclusion and empowerment of Aboriginal children, their families and communities. Comprehensive reference and background checking will be undertaken, including a Working with Children Check and police check. Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.