Senior Clinician – Restoring Childhood
Mt Helen, VIC
- Multiple positions available for this brand new project
- Ballarat location
- Full time fixed term until 30.06.18
- Generous salary packaging benefits plus full private use of vehicle.
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Senior Clinician to join the Restoring Childhood Project. The Restoring Childhood Model is a child focussed trauma informed service, designed to intervene early to redress the traumatic impacts of family violence on children and young people (0-17years).
Join Victoria’s largest independent child welfare organisation and become a vital part of a team that never gives up doing whatever it takes for kids. We believe everyone should have a good childhood, growing up in families and communities where they feel safe, nurtured and have hope for the future.
The Restoring Childhood Model (RCM) has been funded by the Victorian Government as one off 12 month demonstration projects in 2017/18 providing therapeutic services to children and young people impacted by family violence. Grounded in evidence informed practice, the RCM will involve specialist intake & triage, supported referrals and secondary consultations and medium term counselling.
The Senior Clinician’s will be required to provide clinicial leadership in the implementation of RCM including the provision of supervision of and consultation with Clinicians in the team. Working cooperatively with both internal and external stakeholders will be required in this role.
- We are seeking an experienced Senior Clinician with 5 years experience conducting clinical work with children as well as post graduate training in a relevant field.
- Someone with a strong understanding of the complexity of the family violence and child protection and family violence service systems and the issues involved in providing services our clients.
- Experience in providing clinical supervision to clinical staff supporting infants, children and families.
What Berry Street can provide you:
- Ongoing training and development in the role
- Support from a committed, collaborative team of workers with an emphasis on a framework informed by trauma
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Generous salary packaging benefits and full private use of company car
Queries to Tamsyn White (Program Manager – Restoring Childhood Team) on (03) 5330 5000
Applications addressing the key selection criteria should be submitted by 11pm Thursday 21 September 2017
To download the Position Description please click here
Berry Street are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children, including those with a disability and culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds. Berry Street are also committed to cultural safety, inclusion and empowerment of Aboriginal children, their families and communities. Comprehensive reference and background checking will be undertaken, including a Working with Children Check and police check. Aboriginal people; people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.